It May Not Be Your Fault...But It Is Your Responsibility
The FIRST Construction Organization to Offer Safety Services to Contractors and Subcontractors, and Still the Best
To assist employers in reducing occupational fatalities, accidents, injuries and illnesses through the implementation of effective company safety programs, practices, procedures and employee training.
Services for the Construction and General Industry Provided in English and Spanish
Construction industry fatalities are high in South Florida, too high. Mothers lose children, children lose fathers or mothers, and families lose providers. Conscientious contractors, like AGC members, are not the major cause of construction fatalities. In fact, according to the experts, most accidents and fatalities on the construction site are among the small, less trained subcontractors…but, you can do something to change this...After all, when accidents happen, all contractors are blamed.
Safety Programs and Services of the Associated General Contractors of South Florida:
- On Site Training
- Safety & Health Consulting Services
- Customized, OSHA-compliant Safety Manual
- Safety Training Courses in English and Spanish
- Construction Outreach Course
- Construction/MOT /awareness and Informal Safety Training
- Forklift Operator Certification Training
- CPR/First Aid Training
- Safety Site Audits and more
The South Florida AGC has been working with OSHA, both locally and nationally to reduce the construction-related injuries and fatalities that plague the industry. No one has more training videos and materials (bi-lingual, of course) than AGC, and no other trade association is more dedicated to on-site training than we are. We were the only construction group in Florida to receive an OSHA "Susan Harwood" Grant to provide fall protection training to contractor and subcontractor employees at no charge. In the two years of the grant program, South Florida saw an improvement in fatality and accident statistics in construction. The AGC Safety Program is now self-sustaining, providing thousands of construction workers with much-needed safety training and serving dozens of contractors and subcontractors, helping them to reduce worker's compensation costs.
- We have a full "Safety Audit" program that provides safety inspections for our members, many of which do not have their own safety directors.
- We provide a full-service "site-specific" training manual and implementation program.
- We are the only construction organization in Florida that has a full partnership with OSHA, through our “Strategic Partnership program” that reduces or eliminates OSHA inspections (we do our own safety audits). Click here to read more about the C.H.A.S.E. program.
For More Information
South Florida AGC
4608 North Hiatus Road
Sunrise, Florida 33351
Tel: (954) 693-9322
Cell: (954) 261-7259