Our association’s strength lies in the willingness of our members to contribute their time and experience to bettering our organization. Our committees allow you to give back to The South Florida AGC by helping us execute events, identify educational opportunities, improve job site safety practices, introduce us to new members, and advocate for GC & Prime Contractors in County Hall and Tallahassee alike.
If you are interested in serving on a committee, WHETHER YOU ARE A MEMBER OR NOT, we would be honored to have you. Please contact Carlos Carrillo for information on available committee positions and what your service would entail.
Carlos A. Carrillo, Executive Director
8200 NW 41st Street, Suite 200
Doral, FL 33166
954.693.9322 office | 954.381.5748 fax
- The Education Committee will identify emerging trends and pertinent issues in the construction industry and the appropriate platform to educate our members on them. This group will also work with affiliated student chapters to ensure that the next generation of construction professionals have the tools they need to succeed in an ever-changing environment.
- South Florida AGC Board of Directors Representative: Brian Woessner, Duffey Southeast
- Events Committee
- Events are an important feature of our association and the Events Committee will be responsible for developing our annual events calendar, curating events and locations, and engaging event sponsors.
- Government Affairs Committee
- The Government Affairs Committee is the chapter’s eyes and ears for state and local government affairs and politics. This committee conducts candidate interviews and develops strategy for political engagement.
- South Florida AGC Board of Directors Representative: Andrew Lenahan, First Florida
- Membership Committee
- The Membership Committee oversees how we communicate with potential and existing members to ensure that our message is getting to the right people. Committee members will oversee recruitment and retention campaigns as well.
- South Florida AGC Board of Directors Representative: Brandon Beane, Coastal Construction
- Safety Committee
- The Safety Committee oversees one of our association’s most successful events, The South Florida AGC’s 2nd Wednesday Safety Session Powered by Milwaukee. This committee is also responsible for the annual Safety Fair which provides South Florida’s construction workforce with free, certified safety education.
- South Florida AGC Board of Directors Representative: Deborah Hampton, Current Builders
- Transportation, Infrastructure, & Civil Construction Committee
- This committee oversees our engagement with the many agencies overseeing Transportation, Highway, Airport, Seaport Infrastructure, Transit, and Civil Construction. Members will also play in active role in government affairs especially when it comes to questions state funding of civil projects.
- South Florida AGC Board of Directors Representative: Mauricio Gonzalez, LEAD Engineering
- Young Constructors Forum
- The purpose of the Young Constructors Forum is to act as a conduit for participants to network, exchange ideas about work and the industry, serve local communities and continuing education which includes both professional development and leadership skills.
Step up and help us defend our industry and better our community. Reach out to us for more information on committee objectives or to sign up.